12 CDs Done

Friday, January 27, 2012

Would You Like to Perform on My Next CD?

I have a great idea!!! At least I think it's great, let me know what you think...

I know there are a lot of awesome musicians and singers (and a ton of little future performers too, right?) out there following my quest to record 12 CD's this year and so far it's been a little passive, I mean, you've been sitting and watching, listening from the sidelines...well today I want to change all that.

Here is my "awesome?" idea...

If you play anything...guitar, bongos, spoons, trumpet...whatever and would like to send me recordings of you doing rhythms, jammin' riffs or making some type of music noises I would love to add you to the next batch of songs. I can give you the key, chords, tempo, etc. and if you have the means (which you do if you are reading this on a computer) to make an acceptable recording and can add your parts to a song or two.

Also if you have any song ideas or lyrics you want to run by me, that's cool too.

There's no payment for this but I will put you name in the credits and blog about you like crazy!

What do you think? Anyone want to try recording with me long distance over the Internet?

Kids? (you can use Garage Band on your iPod too!).

If you want to join in email me for details ASAP, the next recording sessions start in less than a week...I move fast! LET'S ROCK!

Hey Derek, Stani, Peter, TJR and the rest of the Music Thoughts gang...do it, I triple dog dare ya!

7 comments:

  1. I am on! If you need a guitar solo or some backing, I can record and send you wav files of it!

    So hit me with some music already ;-)

    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it! I'm ready! Keyboards, rhythms, whatever you need, even lyrics, I'd love to be a part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd also be happy to do it!
    Another guitarist here...electric, acoustic, rhythm, lead, solos, rock/jazz/African...whatever.
    Let me know what you need. Sounds like fun!
    If you want to hear what I do, then pop by here: http://www.africantreehouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome guys! I am starting the project again on Monday. Right now it's about 1 am and I am reformatting my computer so it will work better this month! I think I have most of the song ideas down, I'll send you some staff as soon as I can, rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do it. Guitar, Piano, Vocals - Send me an mp3 and I will send back a track that you can synch to it (it's up to you if you want to use it).

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, great idea for all the guitar players out there...just hit me... let's do a song something like Mamma Don't Allow. Maybe titled "The Day Guitars Conquered the World" or "Guitar Jam", "Alice in Guitar Land" (Kinda like that one)... something... and here is the cool part, I'll send all you guitar dudes a MP3 to jam on, tell me a little about who you are we can put in the songs, like "TJR plays guitar, he's been playing for a while. He likes to rock and loves to jam but not on American Idol" (little joke there...ever seen TJR's AI videos on YouTube?)...anyway, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete