12 CDs Done

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board!

Today I am trading in my songwriting hat for my artist beret (fancy French name for hat), time to create the CD artwork.

I've been thinking about this for several days...what does rock and roll all night look like? I think I found an image in my head that works great.

In the past I always hand draw the images with pencil and then trace them with a marker before I scan them into my computer. After that me or my daughter will colonize them and move them around until they look great.

This time I wanted to try to do all the artwork on my iPad, so I got a really nice art app and spent hours trying to make something that was not terrible. I failed. Back to the drawing board...for real.

Here is what I have so far, what to do think? I think I make a pretty cool astronaut!


1 comment:

  1. I think the pic of u on the bed dreaming is perfect! Especially with the dream theme of the cd.

    ReplyDelete