12 CDs Done

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I have a dream

OK, yesterday was another wash on the quest of getting the first CD done. I ended up doing more business work. Made a website, made a promo video, made my January update video (which BTW is hilarious...please check it out), book a few gigs...but two interesting things did happen...

I recorded the lead vocals to the first verse and chorus of Fireflies and in between takes I kept thinking I needed a few songs about "dreams" for the CD (the over-all theme for the CD is "night", but the specific theme for children at the library will be "Dream Big"...so I need a few "dream" songs. That is when I noticed that Martin Luther King Jr. Day is coming up...mmmm...yo, HE HAD A DREAM!

I was so excited that I got up at 6 am and wrote these lyrics (I have music in mind too)...what do you think?


Martin Luther King, He Had a Dream
(c) 2012 William Charles Grisack III (yea that's me, now you know)

He was born on 15th day of January in 29
He was a man a peace, he saw the warning signs
He stood up for equality, peace and harmony and civil rights
He did his best to erase the line that divided black and white

Dr. Martin Luther King
He had a dream; an amazing thing
Dr. Martin Luther King
He had a dream; an amazing thing

He was truly a man of faith, who couldn’t bear to be silent
He was inspired by Mahatma Gandhi he would never be violent
He became the leader of a movement that would forever change us all
He inspired countless generations in the  60’s with his wake up call
Dr. Martin Luther King

He had a dream; an amazing thing
Dr. Martin Luther King
He had a dream; an amazing thing

Even when evil tried to take it away
His dream was so big, it’s still alive today
You can’t be radical or too extreme
When you know you’re right and you dare to dream!

He once said all men are brothers, so let’s do our best to live in peace
He believed that love has the power to abolish war, injustice and grief
He was a man who could not be silenced, his voice still echoes strong
He left us many words of wisdom, everybody sing along

Dr. Martin Luther King
He had a dream; an amazing thing
Dr. Martin Luther King
He had a dream; an amazing thing


1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm... Great chorus! I like the message & most of the word choice, but as a poem, I can't feel the rhythm as I read the verses... Maybe that will change when I hear the music with it, but for it to stand on it's own poetically, that's what I get...

    ReplyDelete