12 CDs Done

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mixed Feelings About My Fireflies

This morning I played the first verse and chorus of my "Fireflies" cover to my family to mixed reviews...

1. My wife thought the music was great and the vocals need to be fine tuned, but she loved the overall vibe.

2. My son (who LOVES Owl City and originally turned me on to this song) also loved the music but thought that my vocal needed to sound a bit different.

3. My daughter (the new Simon?) pretty much hated it...well not really hated, she said that my covers are always awesome and since this song is already awesome she expected more...she is 12 and is already grading me on a curve.

Overall I think they all agreed that the acoustic guitar and banjo music arrangement was a really neat idea, maybe I need a better singer for this track. I wonder if former American Idol Sanjaya Malakar is available?


No comments:

Post a Comment