12 CDs Done

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New Song About Sheep and Sleep

While trying to find great ideas for nighttime, bedtime, dream time songs I wrote this one morning a month or two ago in the car on the way to a show. "Counting Sheep" is the song. I wasn't going to record at all today, too much to do...but this song seemed simple enough.

I recorded the music using only Apple Garage Band instruments, I recorded most of the song sitting in my recliner in the living room. I used the on board sampler to record my voice saying BAAAaaaa, and re pitched it to sound (hopefully) like a sheep-ish creature.

I let my son hear it and he asked if I went to 100...I said no, the lyrics I wrote only went to 20. He said that was wrong. So I added words and went to infinity...I like the new words. I will add them after the song link.

So tell me my wonderful friends, fans, peeps and peers...like this one? It's a little goofy and short. http://snd.sc/AfQh4Y

Counting Sheep by Billy Grisack AKA The Mighty Mr. Billy



Counting Sheep
© 2011 William Charles Grisack III

One, two, three, four
Five, six, seven more
Eight, nine, ten, eleven
Twelve, thirteen up to heaven
Fourteen, fifteen, sixteen more
Seventeen, eighteen, nineteen soar
Twenty, thirty, forty…plump
Fifty, one hundred watch them jump
One thousand, one million, one billion…beyond
A trillion, gazillion, infinity …who yawned?
Too tired run, hop,  jump  or leap
Goodnight pillow, goodnight sheep

1 comment:

  1. Simple, silly & fun... and I like the cute sheep sound! Sometimes kids' music artists get too caught up in themselves & pleasing parents (they're the ones with the wallets..."sell, sell, SELL!") and seem to forget that kids are NOT mini adults, and shouldn't have to be inundated with all of the drama of adulthood. (Exactly WHY on earth does a 4 year old need to be exposed to words like "morose" anyway?...but that's another debate) The world needs more silly songs with no other agenda but FUN! Yay, for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete