12 CDs Done

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Only 2 days left, I'm not gonna make it!

Today I realized that I only have two days after today to release my new CD "Electric Bananas" (the release date is supposed to be 2/23/12). I don't think I'm going to make it. There is still a ton to do...can you give me a hand here a make a few suggestions, etc?


First here is a question about the artwork...

For a couple of years I switched to doing only cartoon covers like this... 






But I was thinking about using real photos for this CD...here is a MOCK UP...I would take new pictures, but I hope you get the idea...or should I stick with cartoons??? (I have some already drawn up)

PLEASE SEND ME THOUGHTS ON THIS ASAP!!!


Next here is a list of the songs and what I think I still want to do to them:



  1. Banana split song - add trumpet solo (Michael?) and organ (Peter?)
  2. Angry birds DONE
  3. Flying Bounce House DONE
  4. The Mighty Peanut DONE
  5. Five rock and roll guitars - change one guitar part, fix jam at end
  6. Yellow submarine - add Spanish (yes, Spanish!) stuff and make new intro
  7. The Hokey Pokey - fix a line if I can (thanks Tom)
  8. The cat came back/stray cat strut DONE
  9. A song about a fire truck DONE
  10. Electric bananas DONE
  11. Pizza, pizza, pizza DONE
  12. Wild Monkeys - add a few vocals and sound effects, remix
I have already posted some of the songs here on the blog, if you care to give them a listen, maybe you can tell me if you think they are done or if they need more work or if I made any mistakes (Peter Apel and Copper Tom found a few!).

I only have a few days left to get all of this done...do you think I can do it???

Oh, and if you haven't taken the poll please do that now, I think it's the last week to suggest what my next few CD's should be about. Thanks!


7 comments:

  1. I like the mock-up cover with your face and bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Billy, I can only recommend that you not make yourself crazier than you already are! Remember that these are self-imposed deadlines and no one will think any less of you if you don't make each and every one of them exactly.

    We love you just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bananas. Why not be hidden completely by a bunch and in each photo, take away a banana at a time until you are revealed in the last? I don't know if that would work, but it popped in my head - just a thought. Your next CD could be a "Movin and Groovin" CD with all different dances or songs that get kids moving. I wish I had time to listen to help there. But if you have time to answer - have you ever collaborated on a CD and how do you work rights, pay, etc?? Thanks, Mr. B. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care for the cover at all, unless maybe you have 3 or 4 pictures with the bananas. Nine just seems to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most of the replies I have say no to this cover. I re-did it as a standard Mr. Billy cartoon here http://themightymrbilly.blogspot.com/2012/02/new-cd-cover-is-it-keeper.html

      Much better! What do you think?

      Delete
  5. Hi Mr Billy,
    would love to try the organ. Just send me a file to work with and your thoughts on what you would like.

    I like the new cover more by the way. Love your cartoons!


    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sent you the file, I'm in the home stretch now. Little things, finishing touches, mixing etc.

    Glad you like the cartoons...I love doing them.

    I must say I am really into doing this collaborative stuff...I think I'll keep it up throughout the project! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete