12 CDs Done

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Have iPad Will Travel...and RECORD!

Today was a weird little day...I started the day off by oversleeping. Maybe that late night 2-4 am recording schedule kicked my bottom.

I was scheduled to do an iPad/Garageband workshop for students at the school my kids go to. I had a little brainstorm...maybe I should teach them how to use Garageband by actually recording one of the new songs for this CD???? I did, it went well, here is is for what it is...


I was only able to get the chorus down (the guitar was the class guitar...mmmmm.....). So later that night I took my daughter rollerskating and, well, I just couldn't resist the urge to try to finish the song while I waited, this is what that looked like...


To be honest the song seems really cool. It's called "The Flying Bounce House"...long story about that one maybe I'll tell it if you want me too. Still need to sing the verses, add a little more guitar (MY GUITAR) and some arranging. If I can't sleep tonight, I guess I know what I'll be doing.

ONLY 14 DAYS LEFT TO CD RELEASE DATE...only 3 songs totally recorded...this could turn out bad...

I need to be cheered up, please leave some new comments, do some Tweeting or FaceBook shares/likes...please????

2 comments:

  1. Quite fascinating what you can do with an iPad! Still I'm thinking about perhaps getting another Minimac instead. But a friend's iPad included a Moog soft synth that really sounded good to me. Wonder if it's included in the minimac too (if I buy a new one)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming you're talking about a Mac Mini? That is my next purchase. Garageband comes with the mini so it will have the same great synth sounds that the iPad does but many more. The iPad though gives you the ability to download synth apps, anything from Moog to Fairlight and everything in between. If you have a midi cord you can use an iPad or iPhone as your sound module onstage or in the studio...very cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete