12 CDs Done

Friday, February 24, 2012

HELP, there is a banana in the trumpet!

I have to say the thing I love most about doing this project is something that I did not plan to do...

Collaborate with other musicians, I LOVE IT! For the last 10 years I have been recording basically by my self, alone in the studio. On occasion my son will play the drums, my daughter will sing/write or do something and my wife would do vocals...I have a friend or two that I work with writing and sometimes Randy Cisco would help out...but these were the exceptions not the rule.

HOWEVER...starting with CD #2 or my proposed 12 (Electric Bananas, almost done!) that seems to be changing. So far I have gotten files with guitar, organ and other instruments from the USA to Africa, Mexico to Europe!!!

I have been  recording for over 30 years and until yesterday NEVER RECORDED A LIVE TRUMPET!

Yesterday after a show in Jefferson WI, I visited Michael Drake AKA Mr. Pickles  armed with only my iPad and a microphone to record trumpet for The Banana Split song (Peter Cox added great organ too! Way to go Peter)...it was AWESOME Hear it below), this guy is totally cool, talented...and funny too! He knocked it out and then, just for giggles, we added REAL brass to "Yellow Submarine"...goosebumps! I will try to post some video of our session soon.

Look for more stuff from Mr. Billy and Mr. Pickles!

Today is the last day of recording and mixing...the CD was supposed to be released yesterday, but it looks like it will be available on Monday...not bad. I really like this CD and I think you will too.

4 comments:

  1. nice you liked the organ, thanks! And that trumpet brings something fresh to the song.
    Now the wait is for the final version of 5 guitars... ;-)

    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. and oh, is it just me, or do the links top right don´t work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seems it is just the link to my video recording the solos that has a hard time working. To check chinawhite out visit http://www.chinawhite.nl and the link to the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvGVzDyV1-A

      Delete
  3. What url would you like for the top right links on my blog?

    ReplyDelete