12 CDs Done

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cats, Guitars and International Recording Sessions

Today was a great day. I finished a mash up of "The Cat Came Back" and "Stray Cat Strut" and almost finished a really interesting number called "Five Rock and Roll Guitars". If you've been following the blog you saw the video demo my son and I did at sound check. I asked here on the blog for guitarist from all over the world to "jam" on this song. I got four guys (plus me) to add guitar solos and riffs.

When the song is finished I'll let you in on all the members of my world wide virtual band, but today I want to share a video one of the jammers did of his recording session.

The video is from China Whites six and seven string shredding master Peter Cox. Check o it out...



American children singer song rocker Mr. Billy is on a quest to record and release 12 cd´s in 2012! For his upcoming february release he needed some guitar solo´s so Peter from Chinawhite hit the studio and began jamming. What you see and hear is the first run through the track. 
Alas the recorded audio was unusable due to some irritating hum (which is a shame for the wah solo we think), so Peter just did a few more later.  Keep an eye on the Mr. Billy Website (http://themightymrbilly.blogspot.com/) to keep track of this incredible venture. And to find out what solo made it to the album of course ;-)

So far this experiment has been a lot of fun. If there is anyone else out there that might want to corroborate this way on new tunes, contract me... really!

No comments:

Post a Comment