12 CDs Done

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A month in three days?

The last three days have been totally crazy. Right now I am writing this update at the same roller skating arena where I recorded some of the tracks for a song I did last week (I don't remember what song it was!) while watching my daughter skate.

Thursday I drove to Rochester MN and wrote and recorded a new song (Wild Monkeys) with my pal Will Hale www.willhale.com. We worked in my motel room, a Chinese restaurant and my van. We finished the tune and shot a lot of video that I will post soon...pretty epic tale.

The next day I did two school shows in Byron MN, shot more video and booked gigs while driving home...the shows were awesome, got video of that too, will try to post that too.

Today I am going up north a bit after roller skating time to visit my friend Lola, she is Spanish and can speak Spanish vey well. I had an idea to try to do a Spanish echo part in my cover of the Beatles classic tune Yellow Submarine, should be fun...I don't know if she'll let me video or not.

Oh, I almost forgot, before I went on my short tour I finished adding all the guitar parts I got from all over the world for the song Five Rock and Roll Guitars. The last player TJR www.tjrmusic.com made a short video of his recording session, I'll post the video when I am back home and not on the iPad.

Basically the new CD is just about done, some mixing and sweetening to do and then it's on to CD #3, All Aboard the Rock and Roll Train...whoo-whoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment