12 CDs Done

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Greatest Gift Ever

I am sitting here listening to the greatest gift ever. A song by one of the greatest bands ever written by two of the the greatest songwriters ever recorded by a group of about 20 people form all over the globe (first time for me...ever). Fathers and sons, daughters, wives. young and old, professional, novice and many, many people who have NEVER met before came together to make this virtual band and choir a reality.



I have just finished mixing and mastering another song for my final CD of my 12 CDs in 12 Months project, this one was a doozie!

A Little Help From My Friends features tracks sent to me from all over the world. The basic music track was recorded in the Netherlands by Peter Cox (this guy is a saint...post something nice on his FaceBook or Google+, let his wife know we appreciate her letting him "play" with us!) Other instruments added by me and my family.

Lead and backing vocals by Oliver KinnoinDeborah DidiPop PoppinkSue Straw, Monty Harper, Evalyn Harper, Dino O'Dell, Douglas James, Fred ClarkLauren Lottinger, me...am I missing anyone?

As you can see I did not finish before the end of the world or Christmas Eve, but I am back in the studio and I WILL FINISH before the ball drops!

BTW-I added more people and redid the CD cover again, check it out on top and see where Monty is now! (he's been moved the most)

Anyway, here is my latest masterpiece, I really like doing this. Maybe someday I should give this "band" a name and record a whole CD...what do you think? "Trans Global Rockers?" "Jam Planet?" "He's Got the Whole World in His Guitar?" "One Sky Family?" "Will Rock 4 Kids?" I could go on and on, gotta get back to work and you need to listen, comment, share and post this song everywhere...get busy!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    can´t remember the last time someone called me a saint ;-)
    But my wife wants to let you know she is fine with me playing around as long as she does not have to hear me sing LOL

    Almost there, glad I could help!

    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. BG, I have told you all along to "keep going" -- that YOU COULD DO IT!!! Thanks for listening to me! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete