12 CDs Done

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Only Three Days Left...Really?





Where did the time go? 

Didn't I just start this crazy adventure?

What...it's been a year?


Now I only have three days left and a half dozen songs to record...I don't even know what the last three are going to be.

I couldn't sleep last night so I did something that has needed to be done for a while, I re-mixed and mastered CD's nine and ten...yep, NEVER DID IT. The files have been sitting on my computer. CD eleven is not mixed or mastered yet and CD 12, well...I'd rather not talk about that now.

If all goes well I should be able to get nine and ten up and ready to distribute/sell today. If I'm not too tired I might be able to get CD eleven up and sometime before the ball drops on New York finish recording, mixing, mastering and uploading CD 12. I can do that, right?

Well I could...IF MY COMPUTERS DIDN'T STOP WORKING AND DESTROYING MY FILES! Not one, but both my MacBook and PC are being very difficult. The MacBook went belly up and took a whole song with it last night and the PC is eating files...NOT GOOD TIMING. 

HULK SMASH!

OK, I feel better now. It's been a few hours since I wrote that Hulk thing, back to normal now.

I just texted Mary Lynn Maestro, got off the phone with Dave Kinnoin and Marla Lewis, after chatting with them I have finalized the playlist for my final CD, here it is...


  1. With a Little Help From My Friends
  2. Worlds Lamest Superhero
  3. Together Again
  4. Wipe Out Wil
  5. Just Ducky
  6. Barbie Girl 
  7. Cleaning Up the Table 
  8. They're Never Gonna Play This Song on the Radio 
  9. Swimming With Dolphins
  10. I Don't Want an Easy Life
  11. Girl Power
  12. Why Can't We Be Friends
The songs in black are finished, the songs in red are in various states of production, but I think they will all be done tomorrow (if the computers hold up).

This CD is all about collaboration and oddly enough this is the CD I have written the least amount of songs for! I have written exactly one and TWO half's of the songs. But I feel like they are all mine in some way (Shhhh...don't tell Paul McCartney!).

I want to leave you with another song from the CD today, speaking of McCartney, here is the (sort of) title track from the CD, "With a Little Help from My Friends", enjoy and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment