12 CDs Done

Friday, December 7, 2012

Science or Fiction, You Decide

Yesterday was a great day. I finished three songs and did a bunch of other stuff (including the showers!).

Judging from the comments and emails I have received I looks like many of my followers were a bit disappointed that I didn't actually show you "how I do it". I really would love to do that, I'm just worried that it might take too much time, unless I do a live feed. Mmm...what do you think about that, would you like to actually watch me in the studio for a song or a day...maybe a marathon recording session? Let me know about that.

As I mentioned I did finish all three songs. The one that sounds the simplest, "Science or Fiction" by Dave Kinnoin was the hardest to do. This is a FANTASTIC tune. I LOVE IT (how many caps can I use in one sentence?). But to be honest every time I get a demo from Dave or his son Oliver I dread recording the vocal...mostly because these guys are like, vocal Gods...really. Me? I'm just a songwriting rock and roll guitar player that sings because as a solo artist, I kinda have to. BUT, let me say I think that working with great singers has really improved my vocals.

"Science or Fiction" is a perfect example of my new confidence and ability as a vocalist. It was a tough one to sing, the music is minimal, but overall I think it works. Check it out below.

Today I plan to FINISH this CD. I will be recording a song called "Dogs in Space" by Wayne Potash and "Flying Cars" by my most prolific buddy Dave Kinnoin. The last song on the CD is a remix of a classic Mr. Billy song called "30 Minutes or Less" from my 3rd CD "Playground". Wish me luck and spread the word!


No comments:

Post a Comment