12 CDs Done

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What is My Next Great Adventure?

With CD number seven now in the hands of CD baby, my distributor, it's now time to concentrate on CD number eight.

Number eight? I'm already deep into November and have five more CDs to finish before the end of the year. I don't want my fans, friends, family or most importantly myself to be let down. Win or not win this experience has been awesome… I've learned a lot about myself and I think I've grown as a songwriter, singer, producer and cartoonist. Now I know this sounds a lot like a concession speech, but I'm not ready to give up yet. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

The good news is I am deeply into the new CD which is titled "the out of control rock 'n roll reading show". This project is sort of a concept album, it's like Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band and the concert for Bangladesh rolled into one. It's going to be presented as a live concert, a fantasy concert… Make pretend, that takes place at the mythical "Library Stadium". All the songs are about books, reading, libraries or writers… And they all rock, hard.

I have chosen all the songs, except one that my wonderful songwriting big brother Dave Kinnoin is working on as I write this blog.

I have two songs fully recorded, three songs half recorded, a few that have been submitted by my friends and co-writers and one really great title/idea, really great (it was one by my lovely wife) called "Stop, Drop and Read", which will be a movement song.

Another thing I wrote and worked out before a gig at soundcheck is a new song for 2013 sumer reading called "Can You Dig It?". I would love to have some R&B or soul musicians play on this track, like a saxophone or Fender piano… Maybe some female backup singers. Anyone out there want to give it a shot?

Here is the video, the vocals are pretty bad in the middle, but I think you'll get the idea.


I have one more thing to share with you, this song is called "bedtime stories". It was inspired by a song I did a long time ago called "the sleeping song", a song about the importance of getting rest and sleep but instead of making a quiet lullaby song it was a real rocker with a cowbell so loud it would make the Blue Oyster Cult jealous. This song is fast, loud and fun. Hope you like it, please (please?) comment here and share on all of your networks… Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment