12 CDs Done

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Help! What in the world was I thinking???


I am writing this message after lunch on November 8, 1012. In just 53 days I am supposed to reach my goal of recording 12 new CDs in 12 months. The problem is I have just started working on CD # 8 a few days ago. That leaves me with 4 more CDs, 48 songs to write (co-write or find), record and release.

I want to thank everyone who has supported, encouraged and helped me so far.

Yesterday one of my co-writers contacted me to let me know he did the math and it didn't look good. He wanted to know what my intentions are...finish what I can? 8 or 9 CDs in a year is a pretty awesome feat, right? But my answer was that I planned to do all 12 or die trying. With that reply he told me I should reach out to all my co-writers and contributing musicians around the world and get (in the words of the Beatles) "A Little Help from My Friends". He then pledged to write 3 songs a week for me..WOW. I didn't know what to say except...YES! Let's do it!

So here is where I am so far.

1. Working on CD 8 "The Out of Control Rock and Roll Reading Show" right now. I have all the songs I need, but I could use some keyboard solos, maybe a piano and some additional lead and backing vocals.

2. Next CD #9 will be about super heroes called "Super, Super Hero Songs". Need songs, music tracks, riffs, any instruments...whatever.

3. After that I will record #10, a CD all about science fiction and fact called "Sensational Songs About Science...Fiction?" Again I need songs and such...not too much planned here.

4. Here comes CD #11, the follow up to the insanely popular "Electric Bananas" called (this was a hard one) "Another Bunch of Electric Bananas!", I have some songs and ideas, but what I need are really super fun...FUNNY songs with a lot of movement and interaction, etc.

5. Then if I'm not totally wiped out I need to do CD #12, the big one...topic...????....I have no real idea yet.

So there you go. Any songwriters, musicians or singers wanna record with me? Here is a great example of an artists that reached out. His name is Clark and he plays guitar, REALLY WELL. I sent him a track and here he is recording his part (in ONE TAKE!). This is the opening song of the new CD called "Out of Control" Check out his website here, and you can get a free song if you sign up for his email. FYI, Clark isn't a kids artist so parents check it out first, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment