12 CDs Done

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Magneto and Titanium Man Return!

OK, here is is day 2 of the recording and production of CD #9 "SUPER SUPERHERO SONGS" (which I'm thinking of adding a Vol. 1 to the title, what do you think about that?).

Today I just finished the first complete song a cover of Paul McCartney's classic "Magneto and Titanium Man". Does anyone know these guys? Magneto is from X-Men right? But I thought he was a villain..and who the heck is Titanium Man and the Crimson Dynamo? I gotta brush up on my old comic knowledge.

This was actually the first song I decided to do when I chose a superhero theme. My daughter Taelor and I sing this song at the top of our lungs on the way home for gigs to help stay awake. I even added her name in the lyrics...she might hate that...dads...what are you gonna do. Next thing you know I'll drop by the school with a snack and give her a hug in front of her classmates! Daaaaaad!!!!!!!

Yesterday I spent all my free time working on more of the graphics, here is Family Hero #3, my wife Cathi is, "FLOWER POWER!". Pretty cool huh. Now I need to create a hero for my...just THE MIGHTY MR. BILLY??? I don't know yet.

I also started working on a new song about 1 AM last night (couldn't sleep) called "SUPER SIDEKICKS", a collaboration with Sue Straw from Oklahoma. It's a fun time, a rocker with interactive clapping parts. I might try to finish that or something else today, we'll see.

Anyway, here is the RETURN of "Magneto and Titanium Man"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Billy - LOVE YOUR RECORDINGS. Thanks for sharing them. I admire your energy and tenacity on the project. YOu're an inspiration!

    QUESTION: Are you creating all your compositions using the iPad and Garage Band. I would like to do some recording myself. I just got and iPad and don't own a Mac. Looking forward to learning all of what's possible on the ipad. Suggestions? Ideas? Resource LInks? Kate in Montana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the kind words.

      I can do an entire song on iPad with GarageBand...sometimes I do. But I mix it up I do some stuff, early parts on iPad or when people are sleeping I record in the kitchen or in the van. But lately I use the Mac and the iPad (both have GarageBand).

      My son has recorded two CDs using nothing but GarageBand on his iPod touch! Here is his link http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/podpersin

      We might start doing a GarageBand podcast or YouTube show. Keep in touch, OK?

      Delete
  2. Mr. Billy, I LOVE IT! Kids will love it, too! FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete