12 CDs Done

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Can You Dig It?

Every year The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), a consortium of states working together choose a theme for summer reading. In 2012 the children's theme will be "Dig into Books @ Your Library".

For the past several years I have written and recorded entire CD's of material that went with the theme, but to be honest that was when no else was doing it. Now there are so many artists writing and recording songs for the summer reading theme it seems silly for me to continue doing 12 songs EVERY year. So this year I am recording a CD called "The Out of Control Rock and Roll Reading Show", a kinda one-size-fits-all project that will also be the name of my library programs for a while. All the songs are about reading and libraries, but I did not forsake the 2013 reading theme...no, no, no.


I just finished recording a song I am very proud of called simply, "Dig It".


While most of my friends and fans consider me to be the quintessential kids rocker, I grew up on the east coast where at the time most music on the radio was R&B, Soul, Disco and Pop, not as much of the music which is now called Classic Rock. So I went back to my TRUE roots and did a little blue eyed soul. I did my best to emulate the Temptations or Four Tops  back-up vocals...I dig it, do you? Here it is, hope you dig and share, share, share! Rock...I mean, soul (?) on!



2 comments: