12 CDs Done

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

About Last Night and the Crocodile

OK, this will be my last update on the "Boogaloo Zoo" CD as I am getting ready to finish the mastering, checking the graphics and uploading the shabang to my manufacturer, TODAY...in an hour or so. But today almost didn't happen, read about last night...

I had one more song to finish, a cover of Sir Elton John's "Crocodile Rock". It's been done for a while but I just couldn't sing the high la-la-la part. My son Wil could do it, but he is still vocal recording shy, Taelor tried it (my daughter who's idea it was to do the song), but it didn't sound quite right. My lovely and talented wife Cathi (professional singer!) had a sore throat  she tried it, but it was too scratchy. What to do? So on a whim I called Oliver Kinnoin (one of my co writing partners, son of Dave Kinnoin the Songwizard) and asked if he could bail me out...

Me- RING-RING..."hi Oliver this is Mr. Billy. Can you sing the hi falsetto lalala part in "Crocodile Rock" and send it to ne...tonight?"

Oliver - "No problem, I was just sitting here working on my falsetto so I'm all warmed up"

Who sits around working on falsetto in the middle of the night??? I'm glad Oliver was...life saver!

WILD, and in a hour of so I had a vocal track that rocked. Here is is the last piece of the "Boogaloo Zoo" puzzle. Hope you like it! The whole CD should be up for sale at CD Baby and iTunes in a week or so. Rock on!


No comments:

Post a Comment