12 CDs Done

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Three for the Price of One Today Only!



I am so freaking happy today! WHY?

Well, first off, it's my lovely and talented brides birthday (Mrs. Billy...see also goes by Cathi) and it's 12 o'clock and I have WRITTEN and RECORDED two songs already today...REALLY!

So now I have 4 songs in the can for "Super Superhero Songs", just 8 more to go! I am so happy I want to share all three with you. PLEASE...pretty please...leave comments here on the blog and it you have FaceBook shoot a post and a link too, OK?

Well lats start with last night, I finished my first songwriting collaboration with Sue Straw whom I meet at the Children's Music Network conference in Chicago this year. I recorded one of her songs (Boogie Woogie Bookworm) on the last CD. The song is called "Super Sidekicks" This is the first one we have done together, what do you think, should we do more?


The next song is called "Action Hero, Hero Action". It's a movement song for the younger kids.  I knew I wanted to do at least one movement song on this (and each CD), I had an idea for this one for a while and I've been singing different ideas into my iPhone for a week or so. I woke up this morning and couldn't get it out of my head, so after we had a little breakfast party for Cathi and I go the kids off to school, recorded my MAD MUSIC MARKETING PODCAST and SHORT SILLY SONG OF THE DAY the first thing I did was finish writing and recording this one. Here it is...thoughts?



And finally the song I just finished. I wrote the words for this one a week ago, but I totally changed it as I was recording. It's called "The Comic Book Store". My son is a bit quiet and shy, but when I started taking him to comic shops I noticed he really opened up and started talking to people, people he had stuff in common with, safe. I used to feel the same way. Here it is, I hope you like it...I hope you like them all actually. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment