12 CDs Done

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Taking my mandolin to the zoo


I'm working on the title track of my new CD called Boogaloo Zoo, recording this was very interesting…


Video Maker - Powered by GoAnimate.

We actually recorded the guitar bass and drums live on stage during our days off at a Day out with Thomas in North Carolina. The basic guitar was recorded in one take using my line 6 guitar, which can emulate a bass guitar and an acoustic guitar at the same time while my son Wil played the drums. We played directly into the BOSE sound system taking a line out of the total match digital mixer. It has a USB output we plugged directly into the MacBook.

It sounds pretty good… Today I added vocals, and acoustic guitar solo and I broke out the mandolin. And no idea why I used the mandolin, but it sure sounds great.

This will most likely be the first track on the CD, the recording has a lot of power (from the live basic tracks?) and what I think are some great hooks in the song.

What do you think? Here it is, BOOGALOO ZOO! (BTW my daughter Taylor came up with the title for the song and CD, I think it kicks butt).


No comments:

Post a Comment