12 CDs Done

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

30 Day Challenge, Day 1


Have you ever heard of Bob Baker

Bob is from St. Louis Missouri he is a full-time author and music marketing consultant. His most popular book is called "guerrilla music marketing". I found a copy of this book many many years ago and local music store, since then I've been following Bob or his music business blog, purchasing other products and listening to his podcasts. I have been lucky enough to meet him and was even interviewed (about a year ago) for a podcast that is scheduled to air very soon.

Recently, Bob offered a special program called "the 30 day important stuff done challenge'. I signed up immediately, why? Well, as you know I've been having a lot of trouble finishing my 12 CDs and 12 months project. I thought perhaps I needed a little kick in the pants, some accountability beyond the feedback you give me here on my blog.

Last night was my first conference call with all the members of the group, it was very exciting. Each member gets an accountability partner (someone else go through the process with you). My partner is a Alyse Black, and incredible singer-songwriter in the Tori Amos, Alicia Keys vain from Texas (check out her cover of the Beatles "Come Together" totally awesome!).

I was so jazzed up that I had a hard time sleeping, actually woke up about 3:30 in the morning took my iPad out to the living room and recorded two more songs that will appear on my next CD. If you haven't guessed yet, the thing I want to get them in the next 30 days is related to my 12 CDs 12 months project… Record at least one old song every day for the next 30 days, that's it!

I'll post some more music soon in the meantime check out Bob Baker and my new friend Alyse Black, leave the message or post a comment tell them that Mr. Billy sent you.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment