12 CDs Done

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Led Zeppelin and Penguins


Do I have a stairway to happy feet? Let's find out...

Everybody loves penguins, kids love penguins, grown-ups love penguins and I am assuming penguins love penguins.

I see happy feet, the original not the second one, and start stop (I love that movie). I thought the penguin was one of Batman's best bad guys the TV show penguin, not the Tim Burton movie version.

Lots of people like Led Zeppelin too, me...not so much, I'm more of a Beatles and KISS guy. But the Led Zeppelin songs I like… I really like; songs like Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven and The Immigrant Song.

So what do penguins and Led Zeppelin have in common?

They are both inspirations for my new song "Penguin Waddle".

I got the idea for the song about five years ago, and I've written and rewritten and rewritten it over and over again. I knew I wanted to do a song about penguins, as I said I was a very popular especially with kids. And after seeing the Shrek movie where the princesses used the immigrant song I thought HEY! kids must date Led Zeppelin too! Cool.

So had an idea for a song inspired by the groove of the Led Zeppelin classic. But that's as far as it got for many years.

When I decided to do a CD all about animals, "Boogaloo Zoo", I thought it's time to finally finish this penguin song once and for all so I called my good friend and songwriting buddy Dave Kinnoin. And wouldn't you know it within 48 hours the song wizard sprinkled some magic dust on me and TA-DA! the song is done and now it's recorded too.

Here it is, the lyrics are below. Please please please comment and share, ROCK ON!




PENGUIN WADDLE
William Charles Grisack lll and Dave Kinnoin

Verse One:
The ice is  hard in my front yard
And the wind has a pleasant chill.
I just got in from the sea with a grin
'Cause my tummiy is full of krill.
My buds stop by with a look in their eye
Like they wanna do more than talk.
Our flippers start twitchin'
'Cause our feet are itchin'
To make this iceberg rock!

Chorus:
Penguin waddle...

Verse Two:
Our devotion to ocean motion
Inspires and drives each move.
We swirl and swish like we're cathin' fish,
And it fits right into the groove.
We're rollin' and strollin'--our salty team
Feels the surge, has an urge for a primal scream.
We're divin', jivin', jumpin', turnin'--
Holy squid, the dance floor's burnin'!

Ooo-wee,
Gotta love this frozen water!
Splash me!
This  berg's a teeter-totter
The current's gettin' hotter...

1 comment: