12 CDs Done

Friday, August 31, 2012

Talk Like Pirate Day Turns 10 Years Old!


Did you know it was 10 years ago that a new kooky holiday was invented called "talk like a pirate day?"

It's true! This year the holiday falls on September 19… Arrrr….

To learn more about it, check out these links...



So to cash in, I mean commemorate this decade of pirating decadence I decided to add a couple of pirate songs to the new CD. The first is a collaboration with my Oklahoma songwriting buddy Monty Harper called (how original) "Talk Like a Pirate Day" the second is a new version of a song that first appeared on H2O Go-Go called, "If I Was a Pirate". When it was first recorded it featured my daughter, Taelor on lead vocals (she also cowrote the song).

Here is the new version now called, "A Pirate Song".

I'm also looking for many followers, fans and friends to take a stab at making a simple music video for the other song by Monty and I...you could do a PowerPoint or find an iPad or iPhone app that makes simple slideshows or let your inner Steven Spielberg go and make it is wild as you want… Any takers? If you want to try to do a video I will happily send you a copy of the new song ASAP.

In the meantime, enjoy my new rendition of "A Pirate Song"


No comments:

Post a Comment