12 CDs Done

Friday, August 10, 2012

I have a confession to make


When I first started this project, I had a simple plan. Record one or two songs a day for two weeks then, do the artwork, mixed, master and release it for sale. Take a week off… Rinse and repeat. Simple!

MY CONFESSION...

Until I got to CD number five, "Pillars, Places and People of Character". I've been at this one now for about three months (2 months and two weeks over schedule), I thought I was done. But, I just wasn't happy with my lead vocals on many of the songs. While at sound check a few days ago my drummer, Wil suggested I try to sing some of the songs in different keys… WOW.

What a difference, so… I have decided to spend even more time on this CD and redo most of the vocals, change most of the keys and make the best darn character CD I can.

I know it will be worth the wait, and I apologize to all my friends fans are waiting for new music for the minivan… Hang in there.

Maybe I should start taking pre-orders for the CD, what do you think? If you have the time, spread the word, tell any teachers that are interested in good character music for their classrooms about my project, okay?

Back to work…can't keep Hot Dog waiting...


Wanna know something weird? I used to have pants like Archie, a vest like Jughead and boots like Veronica! TMI?


2 comments:

  1. Take your time, Mr. Billy. Quality over quantity, I always say! Looking forward to your character CD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking to post that and there's Patricia saying it. Always quality over quantity. Surely will promote it when it is ready.

    ReplyDelete