12 CDs Done

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Simple is NOT easy!


So, as you know by now I'm still behind a CD or two. So I decided to do something I thought would be simple, a way to catch up… An all solo acoustic guitar and vocal collection, sounds like a no-brainer right? Well, just like everything else in this project nothing is as easy as it seems.

I got off to a great start, did three songs the first day… But then I decided I didn't like the third song very much so I recorded it three more times, it's almost done… One more take and I think it will be good.

I did however get a giant jump ahead on this project by doing all of the artwork first. It took about two days I did it all on my iPad, this is the first time I've been able to do all of the graphic design from start to finish on the iPad! I've always wanted to do this, and it's pretty darn awesome, check it out…





The songs are not totally set in stone yet but so far I've recorded a song about a dinosaur, a new take on the three little pigs story, the title track. Today I hope to be working on songs about pirates (talk like a pirate day is coming soon, and maybe I might be able to cash in on it this year).

I might be recording a new Beatles a song or two and a wild version of "how much is that doggie in the window?" that I've been doing at my live shows for about a month and it's going over very very well.

Here is a sneak peek of one of the songs called "roar like a dinosaur", Wil and I came up with this one before a show about a month ago, I started doing it the very next day… Hope you dig it, don't forget to comment like and share!



2 comments:

  1. I can hear this works great live with the children. Really fires the imagination...

    cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it just came out one day at soundcheck, just like 5 rock and roll guitars!!!

    ReplyDelete