12 CDs Done

Monday, August 13, 2012

Mixing It Up!

Now that all the songs are recorded, it's time to do the final mix down. Listening to the songs I'm amazed at the variety of styles, and vocal textures I was able to come up with.

One of the things I like most about this CD is the co-writers I've been working with. There's one song by Grammy award-winning songwriter Marla Lewis a few songs by Disney songwriter Dave Kinnion and his son Oliver, a super cover song and some new tunes by me.

I really think my songwriting, production, vocals and maybe even the guitar playing (some hot guitar solos here) have gone up another level…once you have a chance to listen to it i would love to hear what you think!

This CD is a departure from what I usually do, the songs are targeted to older kids but I think younger kids will like them too. I want to start taking preorders today or tomorrow for this CD so spread the word.

So, here is what I finished yesterday, mixing right now...

It's a song I'm extremely proud of (it was actually the first song submitted when I started this process and ironically, the last recorded) it's called, "it could've been me" Lyrics below. I hope you like it again as always please comment and like and share, rock on!





IT COULD'VE BEEN ME
words and music by Dave Kinnoin
©2012 Song Wizard Music (ASCAP)


I read about a girl who helped a homeless man.
At first she was afraid, but then she made a plan.
Her mom and dad and her brother helped her out.
They said that's what a family is all about.
They got the job done.
The world is better than it would've been.
I started thinkin'.

It could've been me.
It could've been me.
It could've been me who needed help that day,
Me whose kind heart led the way.
It could've been me
It could've been me.

I saw a powerful documentary
About a lonely boy who struggled hopelessly
Until a teacher discovered what was wrong
And supplied gentle guidance as the kid grew strong.
They got the job done.
The world is better than it would've been.
I started thinkin'.

There's a line somewhere between
What I can and cannot do.
I will aim for every loving possibility
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

6 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Mr. B, this is your BEST SONG EEEVVVVEERRRRRR!! I absolutely LOVE IT, and would love to add it to my repertoire to do live.

    Two things: there were no lyrics included, so please email them to me.

    And there is just ONE word I'd love to see changed, that stuck out for me as being awkward. Email me and let's discuss.

    YOU ROCK!

    A huge Mr. B fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.There is a lot of stuff on this CD that is similar. I'll add the lyrics in a minute, check back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know Dave Kinnoin wrote this. Well, in any case, you did a rocking job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fine song. Well done. Love the guitar solo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! EXCELLENT GUITAR SOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I am working on CD #6 today...trying to catch up, still a bit behind.

    ReplyDelete