12 CDs Done

Friday, March 23, 2012

My WiFi Update from a Florida Laundromat

Today is a really big day for CD #3 of 12...all songs are finally done (except for one missing guitar solo arriving by email any second, I hope).

I'm running a week late, but unlike last month I'm not freaking out as this CD is a bit different...way out of my comfort zone.

I recorded all the basic tracks in and around trains at the National Rail Road Museum totally on my iPod. Including two songs recorded mostly live with my son and a friends and his son...very cool.

I took the project with me to Florida to mix and master...finished (except for one) this morning before lunch. I tried to work on the artwork, but I think I'll have to wait until I get home to hand draw the cartoons this time.

Here is one new track called "The Crazy Crazy Train Polka Polka". It has many of the songs suggested by all the folks that read my blog. Now, FYI, I did not get to all of them, but I decided last week that I will continue to record new train CD's every year, much like I have been doing annual library summer reading CD releases.

Anyway, here it is...featuring an awesome fiddle player who I will tell you more about next time. Enjoy...and comment!

2 comments: