12 CDs Done

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Does this song "wipe out" the drummer?

My next recording was inspired by song and something I saw done at a local festival.

1. The song is the classic 1960's hit "Wipe Out".  One of the biggest crowd pleaser songs we do at family events. My son Wil (the drummer) has been doing this tune for 2 years or so, but has NEVER heard the original!

2. At a local festival I saw a family entertainer do a hula hoop contest, it was wild and the crowd love it.

I thought these two ideas went well with the "moving" theme of the new CD. The lyrics are a little history lesson about this toy...that seems to date back to 500 BC or so...wow.

Wil really out did himself. We recorded his drum parts at a school between shows last week. I did the rhythm tracks in my kitchen and the vocals and guitars in a motel room in Chattanooga.

Here is the file and the lyrics are below, please let me know what you think, comment and share.




Moving Day
(c) 2012 William Charles Grisack III

Moving day, moving day
Every day should be moving day!
Grooving, hey!
Doing, hey!
Every day should be moving day!

You say I get out gotta get out, get out now
You say stretch my muscles, jump up and down
You say If i don't move I'll loose my mind
You say get off couch potato time
It's true, but what about you?

You tell me I need 60 minutes a day
You tell me I need time to play, play, play
You tell me I need to break a sweat
You tell me I need to not forget
It's true, but what about you?

Everybody needs to exercise
Everybody needs to open their eyes
Everybody needs to, young and old
Everybody needs to go for the gold!

If you want me to get healthy and fit
If you want me to get fresh air a bit
If you want me to grown up big and strong
If you want me to do it, join along!
It's true, but what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment