12 CDs Done

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Body Parts in 4 Languages

Al lot of really interesting things have happened to me since I started this project. One thing that I didn't see coming was an interest in recording songs and stories in different languages.

On "Electric Bananas" I did a English/Spanish version of the Beatles "Yellow Submarine"

For the new CD, I have been writing and finding songs that have or are about moving. One classic song I wanted to do right from the get go was "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". But like usual, I didn't want to do it in a standard way.

I really like the idea of recording in different languages, so I put out a call to all the international friends I have made on the internet and Peter Cox from the Netherlands, who played AWESOME guitar on "Five Rock and Roll Guitars" offered to do Dutch vocals. Great, that was one!

I found lots of help with translations, but I wanted native speakers. I did find folks that are willing to do Spanish (but I wanted to hold off since I did Spanish two times already), Portuguese, French, Hebrew and more, but time didn't allow to get those recorded ...THIS TIME...I will use these at a later date.

While eating at our favorite Chinese restaurant I asked our server if she could do Chinese...and she did! Right there on my iPod at our table!

The last language came from an unlikely source, one of my best friends, Brent Ashpole lived in Hawaii for many years. So Brent and his wife Bobbie put together a Hawaiian translation and recorded it in my kitchen after I babysat their kids on a Saturday after noon.


Finally I took all the parts that were emailed, Dropboxed, recorded on location on iPad on the road and imported it into my MacBook.

I mixed it added some ethnic sounds and loops and TA-DA! Here it is. Hope you like it and pass it on.

Comments?


2 comments:

  1. After I posted the song Grammy winner Marla Lewis sent me a Hebrew verse for this song so I aded it. Check out the CD when it's released to hear the final version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Billy,

    thank you for using a serious photograph of me this time. We would not want people to think I am actually another poor misguided musician LOL
    Think it turned out great. RESPECT!

    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete