12 CDs Done

Friday, September 14, 2012

Mixing, mastering and making lemonade

I'm so excited, I'm actually mixing and mastering my new CD called "A Boy and His Guitar". If all goes well by the weekend I should have it uploaded to my distributor and manufacturer and it should be for sale on the Internet sometime next week.

After I'm done with this project, I plan to take a few days off before I leave for my next four of North Carolina. I'll be doing two weeks with Thomas the Train. This will be my last "A Day Out with Thomas" event for 2012.

Once I get to North Carolina I'll begin production on the next CD called "Boogaloo Zoo" a collection of songs about animals.

I'll talk more about that CD later, but here is the list of songs that will be on the new CD. The unusual thing is about this CD project is that I've actually been playing many of the songs live for a while… Usually I write the CDs and try to figure out what will work out well live and then I start performing them. I keep the songs that work out, the songs that don't work out I drop (this is why many fans of the song super monkey have never heard it live, just doesn't go over well… Sorry). Anyway here's the list of songs that made the final cut.

1. A Boy and His Guitar
2. Roar Like a Dinosaur
3. How Much is That Doggie in the Window?
4. A Green Day (March 17)
5. Brick House
6. Blackbird
7. Talk Like a Pirate
8. You Tube World (My Video Camera)
9. Chores, Chores, Chores
10. Hush Little Alien
11. A Pirate Song
12. Lemonade Stand

Before I go let me share one more song with you, the song is called "lemonade stand". I got the idea for this song when I was thinking about things that kids enjoy doing. One thing I remember is that my kids used to love setting up lemonade stands. Then I found an interesting story about a boy from Detroit who set up a lemonade stand to raise money to help save his city, amazing. You can read about here, click this link.

I then asked my friend Dave Kinnoin if he would be interested in taking a shot at this topic. One night while he was on the road he recorded a wonderful demo in a Motel 6. And I've got to tell you, the demo was so awesome I had no idea if I could even come close to matching the emotion, passion and storytelling he achieved in that cheap hotel. But I did my best and Dave and my wife both cried. I don't really want you to cry… But I hope you like it. Here is my last free sample from the CD, comments?




LEMONADE STAND
words and music by Dave Kinnoin
©2012 Song Wizard Music (ASCAP)

verse one:
It is easy—take some lemons,
Cut ‘em and squeeze out a cup of juice,
Add a cup of sugar and five cups of water,
Add ice, stir it up.

verse  two:
Not so easy—take some bad stuff. (misfortune?)
Something I don’t like that makes me sad.
Add a friend who listens and says they’re sorry.
Add hugs as I shake.  Pretty soon, it’s time to take…

chorus:
My lemonade stand-- I’ll sweeten the sour.
My lemonade stand.  In this uncertain hour,
I won’t give up--
I’ll let hope take my hand
As I take my lemonade stand.

verse three:
Dad’s not working.  He’s been looking
For a new job that I hope he gets.
Goes out every morning and smiles at the sunrise
He’s strong, very brave.

verse four:
I have lemons, I have sugar,
Plenty of water and paper cups.
Made a quirky sign: QUICK QUENCH FOR A QUARTER.
I smile at passersby.  Oh, well, it’s worth a try.

(repeat chorus)

bridge:
Dad comes home, and he has some leads.
Goes to the kitchen, sees those lemon seeds,
And he hugs me, and I hug him.

last chorus:
Our lemonade stand-- We’ll sweeten the sour.
Our lemonade stand.  In this uncertain hour,
We won’t give up--
We’ll let hope take our hand
As we take our lemonade stand.
Our lemonade stand.


3 comments:

  1. Dave Kinnoin is an amazing songwriter, isn't he? Talk about making lemonade from lemons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy, you are really expanding your horizons with the songs you are doing now...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. >sniff<

    ReplyDelete