12 CDs Done

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A song a day makes the anxiety go away

Finally, I'm back on track, recording one or more songs a day for the new CD.

I'm set up back in the kitchen so I can spends more time out of my chair...I like my chair, but too much of a good thing...

When I was doing research for this CD I pick the brains of as many other successful kids performers as I could to get their ideas on what worked well at live shows. The new song, "In a Circle" was inspired by Peter Apel www.peterapel.com, he told me that his circle song (Walking in a Circle) was highlight of his show, so I took a stab at, doing my kind of music to what would normally be a pretty basic track.

I recorded all the basic tracks on the iPad and moved it over to the MacBook to do vocals and effects...which I took to a new extreme, I think. In one verse I tell the kids to go backwards and sine I'm wearing my Jimi Hendris shirt today I decided to do that verse in reverse! Problem is that GarageBand doesn't do reverse, so I looked it up and figured out I needed to download Audacity (great free program) and it took about 10 seconds to make some backwards parts.

Here is the track, did a lot of unusual stuff in a simple song...what do you think...too much?

Do you think little kids and teachers will dig it?

1 comment: