12 CDs Done

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Locomotivation in the kitchen!

Today I am recording a new song called "Locomotivation" (I LOVE that title).

This song was sent to me by by friend, super songwriter/producer Dave Kinnoin. He originally submitted the lyrics (below) for me to put music and melodies to for the last train themed CD (All Aboard the Rock and Roll Train), but due to a lack of time I couldn't get to it. The I realized the lyrics worked great for the new theme of moving! Yea!

Dave got together with Jimmy Hammer to finish the tune, he sent me a demo and now I am recording it in my kitchen over the dishwasher next to the microwave!

 Here Are the lyrics, I'll post the track later today or tomorrow.

 LOCOMOTIVATION
Dave Kinnoin/Jimmy Hammer Copyright 2012 Song Wizard Music (ASCAP) and Sync Track (ASCAP)

I get off my bike
Under a tree,
Lie down for a nap,
Just my dog 'n me.
In the clouds I see an engine
And some cars and a caboose.
Then a voice calls "All aboard!"
And I just let it all run loose. 

Locomotivation- Railroad extreme,
A fiery desire
To blow some steam.
Woo-ooo,
 Clickety-clack,
I ride my train of thought to dreamland  and back.
Locomotivation.
Locomotivation.
Locomotivation.
Locomotivation.

All the scenery
Passes by quick
As back down on Earth
Poochie chews a stick.
In the dining car,
I snack on Cashew nuts and iced green tea.
"Howdy-do?" asked the conductor.
I reply, "All's fine with me!"

What causes me to while away
The afternoon, to smile away?
What makes my heart chug and clank?
I give that whistle pull cord a mighty yank... Locomotivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment