12 CDs Done

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Timmy, The Beatles and "My Dad"

There is a family that comes to just about all my shows in Northeastern Wisconsin. A mom, two girls and a little boy named Timmy. I love these guys! I also love The Beatles, but that is another part of the story, more about Timmy...

So about a year ago Timmy asked me to do a fire truck song...at every show he asked if i did it and about a year later I did. It's an awesome song, one of my regular songs I do at just about every show. Now, that got me thinking, in a little kids world a year is a lifetime, that guy was really determined and waited (wow and kids with patience?), anyway he recently asked me to do a song about a serviceman...military guy. This time I decided not to wait another year, so I got on it ASAP.

The lyrics came first (as usual for me), I sent them to Timmy's mom and he approved.

Musically I've been listening to a lot of Beatles, actually non stop because my daughter is a HUGE Beatles fan. So I decided to try to hit two stones with one (not so angry) bird, and do a kinda Beatles inspired music track.

It is finished, I am another song closer to getting this CD done (#5...yes I am 2 CDs behind schedule now...but the year is not over!). Taelor loves is (said I'm a genius, the best thing I've ever done), Timmy hasn't had a chance to chime in yet. Now it's your turn, what do you think? Here is the track with lyrics below...



My Dad

(c) 2012 William Charles Grisack III

He leads a double life
He has my mom his wife
A house a dog and family
But when duty calls
He has to drop it all
And switch his reality

He's a serviceman
Protecting our nation
From every threat evil or or bad
A military man
A person of character
When he has to leave I'm both proud and sad
He's my dad 

It must be hard
Serving our country
To leave your whole world behind
But maybe that
Is why he has to do it
So we can live with peace in mind

He's a serviceman
Protecting our nation
From every threat evil or or bad
A military man
A person of character
When he has to leave I'm both proud and sad
He's my dad 

Every time he walks out the door
My admiration for him soars


He's a serviceman
Protecting our nation
From every threat evil or or bad
A military man
A person of character
When he has to leave I'm both proud and sad
He's my dad

2 comments:

  1. yep, the beatles influence is obvious. Good tune either way. Maybe lower it a bit to make it easier to sing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the song!!! Timmy says "Wowwie!!" We can't wait to see it live and hear it on the new CD. Timmy wants me to keep playing the song over and over again. It's already a big hit at our house!!!

    ReplyDelete